In an effort to help raise awareness of the issue behind our (Red)emption campaign, we're going to post periodic HIV/AIDS statistics. Here's today's snapshot:
|10||Central African Rep.||10.7%|
(Data from GlobalHealthFacts.org.)
A couple of points to note:
- These are national averages. There are areas within each country where the regional rate can be much higher or lower.
- We need to go to the 20th country on the list (Haiti, which is tied for 19th) to find the first non-African country. As Bono has said in the past, we are indeed watching a continent burn.
- The Stephen Lewis Foundation works in Africa.
- Proceeds from our (Red)emption campaign will be turned over to the Stephen Lewis Foundation.
- Your $10 will make a difference!